Quartz countertops have become increasingly popular in kitchens and bathrooms due to their durability, aesthetics, and ease of maintenance. With so many companies manufacturing quartz countertops, it can be challenging to determine which brand is truly the best. Here is an in-depth look at some of the top quartz countertop companies to help you make an informed decision.
What is Quartz?
Before diving into the different brands, it’s helpful to understand exactly what quartz countertops are. Quartz countertops are engineered stone slabs made from crushed quartz crystals combined with resins and pigments. The resins bind the crystals together to form a hard, non-porous surface.
Compared to natural stone like granite, quartz is harder, more resilient, and requires less maintenance. The resins allow quartz to come in a wide range of colors and patterns not found in natural stone. Quartz surfaces are stain, scratch, and heat resistant. However, they can be prone to damage from impacts.
Leading Quartz Countertop Brands
There are many reputable quartz countertop manufacturers to choose from. Here are some of the top brands to consider for high-quality and stylish countertops:
Cambria is an American company that has been solely focused on manufacturing quartz surfaces for over 20 years. They offer a lifetime warranty and have a large variety of unique designs.
- Large color and pattern selection with natural looking veining
- Durable and resistant to scratches, stains, and heat
- Made in the USA
- On the pricier side
- Limited selection of neutral colors
Caesarstone is an Israeli company that was one of the first manufacturers of quartz surfaces. They are known for their elegant designs and wide range of colors.
- Highly durable and scratch resistant surface
- Available in popular neutral colors
- Nationwide availability
- Less bold patterns than other brands
- Occasional complaints about customer service
Silestone originated in Spain and is now available worldwide. They are known for their unique textures and use of recycled materials.
- Extremely scratch, stain, and bacteria resistant
- Range of colors including unique textures
- Large variety of bold patterns
- Can be prone to fingerprints
- Costs more than some competitors
MSI is an American company that offers more affordable quartz countertops than many other major brands. Their products come with a 15-year warranty.
- Budget-friendly pricing
- Good selection of colors and patterns
- Resistant to stains, scratches and heat
- Not as many bold design choices as pricier brands
- Shorter warranty period than competitors
Quartz Master is a popular mid-range brand available at many home improvement stores. They offer a nice selection of stylish designs at reasonable price points.
- Affordable pricing for a quality product
- Wide range of colors and styles
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Not as durable as premium brands
- Limited color consistency between batches
What Makes For Top Quality Quartz?
When evaluating the best quartz countertop companies, here are some key factors that indicate a high-quality product:
- Percentage of Pure Quartz – Higher quartz content typically means a more durable and resilient surface. Premium brands often have over 90% quartz.
- Reputable Brand – Established companies with years of expertise generally produce better quartz. Look for brands that stand behind their products with good warranties.
- Consistent Quality – Many cheaper brands have issues with color matching and variation between batches. The best manufacturers deliver consistent quality.
- Durability Testing – Brands should subject their quartz to stringent tests for scratch, stain, and heat resistance.
- Appearance – Higher quality quartz often looks more like real stone with naturalistic veining and patterns.
- Warranty – Leading brands offer 15-year or lifetime warranties, while lesser-known companies may have shorter warranty periods.
Top Quality Brands
Taking all factors into account, these brands rise to the top as the companies that make the highest quality quartz countertops:
- Cambria – As an American company focused specifically on quartz, they are known for stringent quality control and durable surfaces that mimic natural stone. Cambria offers a comprehensive lifetime warranty.
- Caesarstone – Their pioneering history and dedication to innovation allows them to create resilient quartz slabs in a diverse range of neutral tones. They provide strong warranties on their products.
- Silestone – Using the latest technology, Silestone crafts boldly designed quartz surfaces that are extremely scratch and stain resistant. They offer a 15-year warranty.
While these brands tend to cost more than value options, their exceptional durability and aesthetics make them worth the investment for many homeowners. Their quality allows them to retain their appearance beautifully over years of use.
Key Characteristics of Top Quartz Brands
To summarize, here are the standout qualities displayed by the best quartz countertop manufacturers:
- High percentage of actual quartz content
- Strict quality control and testing procedures
- Attractive designs that mimic natural stone
- Extensive color selections including unique textures
- Resilience against scratches, impacts, stains, and burns
- Non-porous, antimicrobial, and easy-to-clean surface
- Lengthy 10-15 year or lifetime warranties
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction ratings
Brands that excel in these areas have earned strong reputations for crafting world-class quartz countertops that enhance kitchens and bathrooms for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most popular colors for quartz countertops?
The most popular quartz colors are whites, grays, and beiges that create a clean, contemporary look. Some best-selling neutral tones include Carrara White, London Gray, and Calcutta Gold. Vibrant blues and greens are also trending.
How much do quartz countertops cost?
Quartz is priced between $50-100 per square foot installed. More affordable options start around $50 per square foot, while premium designer brands can exceed $100 per square foot. The final cost depends on the brand, pattern, and complexity of the installation.
How long will quartz countertops last?
With proper care, quality quartz countertops will last 25 years or longer before needing replacement. Their longevity makes them a sound investment.
Is quartz better than granite or marble?
Quartz is harder and more durable than natural stone. Unlike granite or marble, quartz resists stains, scratches and heat damage. However, granite and marble do offer unique natural beauty.
What are the cons of quartz countertops?
The only real downsides are the higher cost compared to materials like laminate, and the possibility for damage if subjected to hard, direct impacts. Otherwise, quartz makes an excellent countertop surface.
When selecting quartz countertops, Cambria, Caesarstone, and Silestone rise above the competition as elite premium brands. Their dedication to innovation and quality allows them to craft durable, stylish countertops that will stay beautiful for decades. While not the most budget-friendly options, these brands provide exceptional longevity and performance to enhance your home’s value and appearance.