Choosing the best brand of quartz countertop for your kitchen or bathroom remodel can be overwhelming with so many options on the market. Quartz has become an increasingly popular choice due to its durability, low maintenance, and customizability. When selecting a quartz brand, it is important to consider quality, selection, price point, and reputation. Here is an in-depth look at the top 5 quartz countertop brands to help you determine which is best for your needs.
Caesarstone is often regarded as the original quartz countertop brand. Founded in 1987, it has decades of expertise engineering durable, high-quality quartz surfaces. Here are some of the reasons Caesarstone stands out:
- Highly durable – Caesarstone quartz is over 93% crushed quartz making it exceptionally hard and scratch-resistant. It stands up well to heavy daily use.
- Broad color selection – With over 70 color options ranging from whites, grays, neutrals to bold tones, Caesarstone offers a vast array of choices for any design aesthetic.
- Resistant to stains – Non-porous Caesarstone resists stains from wine, juice, oil, and more. It does not need to be sealed.
- Heat and burn resistant – Caesarstone is highly heat resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 212°F before potential damage.
- Lifetime limited warranty – Confidence comes from the comprehensive lifetime limited warranty.
With its pioneering background, Caesarstone remains a frontrunner in quality and durability. While priced at the higher end, its surfaces are an excellent long-term investment.
Based in Minnesota, Cambria is a prominent American quartz brand. Features that make it stand out include:
- Large variety of designs – Over 120 unique quartz patterns give loads of options for personalized style. Designs range from stone looks to abstract visuals.
- Made in the USA – Cambria takes pride in local US manufacturing with an eco-friendly process.
- Highly stain resistant – Cambria’s non-porous finish resists stains from wine, coffee, juice and more without needing to seal.
- Durable surface – Made from about 95% crushed quartz, Cambria is hard, scratch-resistant, and built to handle daily wear.
- Excellent warranty – The lifetime limited warranty provides peace of mind.
With its high-quality domestic manufacturing and vast selection of designs, Cambria offers excellent performance and visionary style.
Silestone was one of the early pioneers in quartz surfaces beginning in the late 1980s. Key benefits that make it a top contender include:
- Industry leader – With over 25 years in business, Silestone is a recognized frontrunner in quartz manufacturing.
- Bacteriostatic protection – Silestone surfaces contain a built-in Microban® treatment that resists bacteria growth.
- Minimal maintenance – Due to low porosity, Silestone only needs occasional cleaning with soap and water.
- Flexible customization – With 110+ colors and patterns, Silestone offers outstanding options to match unique tastes.
- Strong warranty – A 25-year transferable limited warranty provides extensive coverage.
As a leading industry brand, Silestone is an excellent choice valued for beauty, performance, and reliability.
LG Viatera is the quartz brand from global corporation LG. Benefits that make it stand out include:
- High flexural strength – The quartz composition provides extreme durability and flexural strength.
- Vibrant colors – From neutral hues to bold variations, LG Viatera has over 30 color selections.
- Minimal staining – The non-porous finish is highly stain resistant for daily use.
- 15-year warranty – LG provides a satisfaction guarantee with a 15-year limited warranty.
- Budget-friendly price – Pricing is often more affordable than other high-end quartz brands.
With LG’s technology background, Viatera offers quality quartz surfaces at reasonable prices backed by strong warranties.
HanStone Quartz is known for technological innovations paired with creative style. Key advantages include:
- HD technology – HanStone’s colors have finer particles with high-definition clarity.
- 93 colors – A vast spectrum of colors ranging from neutrals, earth tones, pastels and vivid hues.
- Stain resistant – HanStone has a non-porous finish that resists stains without sealing.
- Durable – Composed with the maximum amount of quartz, HanStone is extremely hard and scratch resistant.
- 15-year warranty – HanStone provides a satisfaction guarantee with a 15-year limited warranty.
HanStone’s HD technology produces quartz countertops of superb quality with vibrant, true-to-life colors.
Key Considerations for Choosing Quartz Brand
When selecting the right quartz brand, keep these key factors in mind:
- Quality – Look for quality indicators like high quartz content, flexural strength, non-porous finishes.
- Durability – Consider thickness, hardness, scratch resistance based on reviews and testing.
- Warranty – Review warranty terms and coverage length. Many are 10+ years.
- Price – Quartz ranges from $50-120 per square foot installed but pricing can vary widely.
- Aesthetics – Browse a brand’s designs to find your perfect colors, patterns and styles.
- Fabrication – Ask about optons for custom edges, cutouts, backsplashes, etc.
Taking the time to carefully evaluate your options using the criteria above will ensure you select the ideal quartz brand for your next project. With the superior durability, low maintenance and customization possible with quartz, you are sure to end up with a beautiful, functional countertop you will enjoy for decades.
Frequently Asked Questions about Quartz Brands
Which quartz brand is the best quality?
Caesarstone is widely regarded as the highest quality quartz brand. Its surfaces consist of over 93% quartz making them exceptionally hard and scratch resistant. Other top-tier quartz brands like Cambria and Silestone also have very high quartz content and outstanding performance.
Which quartz brand is the most affordable?
LG Viatera is one of the most budget-friendly quartz brands, providing high quality at more affordable prices. Other value brands include Hanstone Quartz and IKEA quartz countertops. Quartz from big box stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot also tend to be lower cost options.
What’s the difference between Silestone vs Caesarstone?
Caesarstone and Silestone are two of the leading quartz manufacturers with similar quality and durability. Key differences:
- Caesarstone has a slightly higher percentage of quartz.
- Silestone has anti-microbial protection.
- Caesarstone has more color/pattern options.
- Silestone is sometimes more budget-friendly.
Both are excellent and it often comes down to personal preferences on colors, designs and pricing.
Is Cambria quartz worth the extra cost?
Cambria quartz countertops are considered a premium brand and come with a higher price tag. Added benefits that can make the investment worth it include a vast selection of unique designs, local US manufacturing, and exceptional scratch and stain resistance. Many homeowners feel the quality and beauty is worth the extra cost.
Does quartz need to be sealed?
No, quartz does not require sealing. Quartz has very low porosity making it stain resistant. Top brands use advanced manufacturing techniques to create non-porous slabs that resist stains without a sealant. Proper cleaning with soap and water is all that is needed for maintenance.
With strength, durability and expansive design options, quartz makes an excellent material for countertops that can last for decades. Caesarstone, Cambria, Silestone, Viatera, and HanStone are leaders in the quartz industry, manufacturing quality surfaces that offer homeowners myriad choices for their aesthetic, performance and budget needs. By carefully evaluating the design, warranty, price, and durability of each brand’s offerings, you can determine which is the best quartz countertop for your home improvement project. With routine cleaning, your new quartz countertops will maintain their beauty while withstanding years of use.