Santa Margherita Vermont quartz countertops are a premium Italian-made engineered stone product known for their natural beauty, durability, and vast color options. If you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen or bath with Vermont quartz, here is everything you need to know about where to buy it.
What is Santa Margherita Vermont Quartz?
Santa Margherita is an Italian company that has been producing natural stone surfaces since 1946. Their Vermont quartz line combines pure natural quartz crystals with polymer resins to create an extremely hard, non-porous material that has the look and feel of natural stone.
Some key features of Santa Margherita Vermont quartz:
- Made from 93% pure natural quartz crystals for unparalleled durability
- Stain, scratch, heat, and impact resistant
- Non-porous so it does not require sealing
- Antibacterial protection inhibits bacterial growth
- Available in a diverse range of colors and patterns
- 20-year transferable warranty when installed by a certified professional
With a Vermont quartz countertop you get the beauty of natural stone paired with low-maintenance functionality.
Where to Purchase Santa Margherita Vermont Quartz
Santa Margherita Vermont quartz slabs are exclusively imported from Italy through authorized distributors who then supply product to retailers. Here are some of the best places to purchase Vermont quartz countertops:
Kitchen and Bath Showrooms
- Higher-end kitchen and bath showrooms will likely carry Santa Margherita Vermont quartz slabs so you can view a full range of colors/patterns in person. They can provide quotes for material and installation.
- Check with local stone suppliers or countertop fabricators to see if they are authorized Vermont quartz distributors. You can select your slab at their warehouse.
- A few online retailers sell Vermont quartz slabs direct to consumers if you are comfortable selecting material sight unseen. Prices may be more affordable.
Direct from Santa Margherita
- Santa Margherita has an authorized dealer locator on their website where you can find retailers near you that carry Vermont quartz.
When purchasing through retailers, be sure to verify they are authorized sellers of Santa Margherita quartz to qualify for the product warranty.
What to Know Before Buying
Here are some important things to keep in mind when buying Santa Margherita Vermont quartz:
- Select an Experienced Installer: Quartz requires specialized tools and techniques to cut and install properly. Select a highly trained fabricator/installer to get the best results.
- Expect Added Costs: In addition to the quartz slab costs, factor in charges for installation, shipping, sinks/faucets, backsplashes, etc. Get a comprehensive estimate.
- Lead Times Vary: Thicker slabs may require 4-6 week lead times. Factor this into your renovation timeline.
- Samples Help: Order free small samples from retailers to see colors/patterns accurately before committing.
- Consider Thickness: Standard is 3cm thickness but opt for thicker quartz (up to 5cm) for heavily used surfaces like kitchen islands.
With plenty of design options and retailers to choose from, Santa Margherita Vermont quartz is sure to be an elegant and functional addition to any home. Do your research to find the right distributor and authorized installer to bring your kitchen or bath vision to life with these beautiful engineered stone countertops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I view Vermont quartz slabs in person?
The best option is to visit a local kitchen and bath showroom or stone supplier that carries Vermont quartz. This will allow you to see a range of colors and patterns so you can select the right slab for your space.
Does Santa Margherita offer discounted pricing?
Pricing is set by authorized distributors/retailers. Some may offer sales or specials seasonally, so be sure to ask about any current promotions when inquiring with retailers.
What thickness Vermont quartz should I choose?
The standard thickness is 3cm, but opt for 4cm or 5cm on heavily used surfaces like kitchen islands or bathroom vanities. Go with a thinner 2cm thickness for vertical applications like backsplashes to save on cost.
What kind of warranty does Santa Margherita offer?
They offer a 20 year transferable warranty when Vermont quartz is installed by a certified fabricator. Be sure your installer provides documentation of current certification.
Does Vermont quartz require sealing?
No, it is non-porous so it does not need regular sealing like natural stone. Simply clean with soap and water to maintain its beauty.
Is Vermont quartz susceptible to stains?
It is nearly stain proof and resists most common household stains. However, prolonged exposure to strong chemicals/solvents can damage the surface so wipe up spills quickly.
Can you set hot pots and pans on Vermont quartz?
Yes, it can withstand brief exposure to temperatures up to 212°F. However, using trivets is recommended to avoid any potential heat damage over time.
How durable and scratch-resistant is Santa Margherita Vermont quartz?
It has excellent scratch, impact, and chip resistance that outperforms many natural stones. However, cutting directly on the surface should always be avoided.
Santa Margherita Vermont quartz provides the elegant look of natural stone combined with extreme durability. When sourced through authorized retailers and installed properly by trained fabricators, it will provide a beautiful, low-maintenance countertop surface that can be enjoyed for decades. Be sure to carefully select your color, visit distributor warehouses to view slabs in person, and hire experienced professionals for optimal results. Investing in Santa Margherita Vermont quartz is a great way to increase the functionality and value of your kitchen or bath.