Choosing new countertops for your kitchen or bathroom remodeling project can be exciting, but it can also feel overwhelming with so many options on the market. Quartz has become one of the most popular choices for countertops due to its stylish appearance, durability, and low maintenance. If you’ve decided that quartz is the right material for your countertops, here is an in-depth guide on the best places to buy quartz tiles.
Local Tile Stores
Your first stop when shopping for quartz tiles should be local tile stores in your area. The benefits of visiting a brick-and-mortar tile retailer are:
- View tiles in person – You can see slabs of the quartz material and preview different colors and patterns up close. This allows you to get a feel for the overall look before purchasing.
- Expert assistance – Store associates can help explain the differences between quartz brands, colors, finishes and provide advice on selecting the right tiles for your space and needs.
- Inventory on hand – Buying local means you can purchase and take home the tiles without waiting for shipping. Stores have an assortment of popular options in stock.
Some of the top national tile chains to consider are Tile Shop, Bedrosians Tile & Stone, and Arizona Tile. But you may also have excellent specialty tile showrooms in your city. Visit a few to compare selection, prices and service.
Big Box Stores
Convenient big box home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s also carry quartz countertop tiles. Benefits of these large retailers include:
- Price – As mass merchandise stores, they can offer more affordable prices on tile for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Familiarity – Most people have shopped at these stores before and feel comfortable with their service policies.
- One-stop shop – You can purchase your tile along with other remodeling needs like cabinets, sinks, faucets, etc.
The main downside is having a smaller selection of colors and styles on hand to view. Be sure to thoroughly review samples before purchasing quartz tile from a big box store.
Online Direct from Manufacturer
Many quartz brands now offer the ability to purchase countertop tiles directly through their website. Some top manufacturers to consider include:
Known for their stylish designs, Cambria’s website allows you to buy tile samples or full slabs. They offer free design services to assist with selecting the perfect quartz pattern and color for your needs.
This leading manufacturer of natural quartz surfaces has an online shop for purchasing tiles and full countertops. Expect excellent customer service and shipping.
MSI has been manufacturing quartz products for over 70 years. Order high-quality quartz tiles or slabs online and take advantage of their warranty and satisfaction guarantees.
Silestone offers gorgeous quartz surfaces in unique colors. You can buy tiles tailored to your project dimensions through their online store. Get free shipping in the continental US.
Purchasing directly from the brand means you can see the entire catalog of offerings and there are experts to help you through the process. Be sure to properly measure your countertops before ordering.
Quartz Tile Distributors
There are also online-only businesses that specialize in selling quartz tiles for residential and commercial projects. Top distributors include:
The advantage of these distributors is that you can view numerous brands and styles in one place to comparison shop. Be sure to check minimum order requirements and shipping costs.
What to Look for When Buying Quartz Tile
Now that you know the best places to purchase quartz countertop tiles, here are some tips for evaluating your options:
- Color/pattern – View larger samples before deciding as small swatches can be deceiving. Quartz has natural variations.
- Finish – Matte, polished, textured? Decide the surface look you prefer.
- Thickness – 3cm is best for counters, 2cm for walls. Thicker quartz is more durable.
- Warranty – Opt for tiles backed by at least a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
- Lot numbers – Ensure all your tiles come from the same lot for consistent coloring.
- Installation – Hire an experienced contractor to properly install your quartz tiles.
FAQs about Buying Quartz Tiles
What thickness of quartz tile works best for countertops?
3cm (1.25 inches) is the recommended standard thickness for quartz countertop tiles to provide sufficient durability and avoid cracking. Homeowners can also opt for 2cm tiles to save on cost.
Does quartz tile need to be sealed?
No, quartz surfaces do not require regular sealing like natural stone. The resins make quartz non-porous so liquids cannot easily penetrate or stain.
Can you cut quartz tile?
It is possible to cut quartz tiles to customize sizing using specialty tools like a wet saw. But it’s recommended to purchase pre-cut tiles to avoid mistakes.
Is quartz tile cheaper than a full slab?
Quartz tiles tend to be more affordable than buying a full slab. Tiles also provide more flexibility for small projects. But prices vary based on brand, color, size, etc.
Can quartz tile have seams?
Yes, seams are typically needed for large expanses of quartz tiles. The gaps can be minimized with precise installation and use of coordinating grout.
With so many color patterns and finishes available, quartz makes an excellent choice for countertops or backsplashes that are stylish, durable, and low maintenance. Be sure to shop from a reputable source with expertise and inventory you can view in person. Carefully inspect and compare options to find the perfect quartz tiles for creating your dream space. Knowledgeable sales staff can help you select the right tile dimensions, thickness, and lot for seamless installation.
where to buy quartz tiles for countertops