Quartz crystal countertops have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their durability, low maintenance, and stylish appearance. If you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen or bath with these beautiful countertops, this guide will help you find the best local sources to purchase quartz crystals near you.
What is Quartz Crystal?
Quartz crystal is an engineered stone made from roughly 90% ground natural quartz crystals combined with polymer resins and pigments. The result is a highly durable and non-porous surface that is resistant to scratches, stains, and heat.
Quartz comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns that mimic the look of natural stone like marble or granite. Unlike natural stone, quartz does not need to be routinely sealed and is easy to clean. This makes it an ideal choice for busy kitchens and bathrooms.
Benefits of Choosing Quartz Crystal
There are many advantages that make quartz crystal a top choice for countertops:
- Extremely durable and scratch-resistant surface
- Easy maintenance – does not need regular sealing
- Resistant to stains, mold, mildew, and bacteria growth
- Heat and scorch resistant
- Available in a vast array of colors and patterns
- Non-porous so liquids don’t penetrate the surface
- Flexible installation options – can be cut to fit any space
With proper care, quartz crystal countertops can last for many years in the home while retaining their beauty.
Where to Shop for Quartz Crystal Countertops
When you’ve decided on quartz crystal for your home improvement project, you have several options for convenient local purchasing:
Big Box Home Improvement Stores
Major home improvement chains like Home Depot and Lowe’s offer a wide selection of quartz countertops that you can view in-store. They often have promotional discounts if you purchase and install through them. You can speak with knowledgeable kitchen design staff who can help you pick the right colors and edges for your space.
Local Countertop Retailers
Check around for local countertop fabricators and suppliers in your area. Many will have a showroom where you can browse slabs of quartz and get quotes for custom jobs. Opting for a local business allows you to support small businesses in your community.
There are many online retailers that ship quartz slabs directly to installers. Two popular options are Cambria and Caesarstone, which offer hundreds of unique quartz patterns. Ordering online can be convenient but be sure to thoroughly review color options before purchasing.
Fabricators are manufacturers that shape, polish, cut, and install quartz countertops. Search for highly reviewed fabricators in your city. They will have relationships with quartz suppliers to source materials and can expertly cut and install countertops to your specifications.
If you are doing a full kitchen or bath remodel, visit a design showroom. Designers can show you quartz options from leading brands like Silestone, Vicostone, or MSI. This is convenient if you need help visualizing options.
Key Questions to Ask When Purchasing
To find the best quartz crystals for your needs, come prepared with questions:
- What colors/patterns do you have in stock? Samples can help narrow choices.
- What are your pricing options for materials, fabrication, and installation? Get quotes from multiple vendors.
- Do you offer warranties? Quality quartz should come with 10-15 year warranties.
- Can you provide references from past quartz jobs? Ask to see examples of previous installations.
- What are the thickness options? Thicker quartz is more durable for heavily used surfaces.
- How soon can you template, fabricate and install the countertops? Get time estimates.
Caring for Your Quartz Crystal Surfaces
- Use mild soap and water to clean quartz regularly
- Blot up spills immediately to prevent staining
- Avoid abrasive cleansers and scouring pads
- Reseal seams every 2-3 years with caulk/epoxy resin
- Heat protection pads should be used under hot pans or appliances
With proper care, your quartz crystals can stay looking like new for many years. Follow the manufacturer’s care guide for best results.
Finding the Best Deals on Quartz Countertops
Here are some tips to help you save money on your quartz purchase:
- Look for quartz remnants or loose cut pieces from past jobs that can be used on your project
- Check for seasonal sales events at major home improvement retailers
- Opt for a simpler color pattern for significant cost savings
- Bundle countertop installation with other remodeling services for a discount
- Request a discount for being referred or leaving positive reviews
- Avoid paying premium prices for urgent fabrication-instead, plan ahead
With some savvy shopping, you can find quartz crystals that fit both your design vision and budget.
The versatility and low maintenance of quartz crystal makes it one of the most popular choices for today’s countertops. By visiting local home improvement stores, fabricators, and showrooms, you can conveniently view, select, and install beautiful quartz countertops in your home. Be sure to ask important questions upfront to find the right quartz product, get accurate pricing, and work with reputable professionals. With proper care and cleaning, quartz crystals can serve as a stylish and functional centerpiece of your kitchen or bath for years to come.