Quartz countertops have become an increasingly popular choice for Phoenix area homeowners looking to remodel their kitchens or bathrooms. Made from engineered stone, quartz combines the elegant look of natural stone with excellent durability and low maintenance. If you’re considering quartz for your next renovation project, here is an in-depth guide on where to shop for the best selection and prices in the Phoenix metro area.
What is Quartz?
Quartz countertops, also known as engineered stone, are made from approximately 90% ground natural quartz crystals combined with polyresin binders under intense heat and pressure. This process creates a non-porous, highly durable surface that resembles the look of natural stone but requires very little maintenance.
Some key benefits of quartz countertops include:
- Stylish natural stone appearance without veins or patterns
- Extremely durable and scratch-resistant
- Resists stains, etching, and heat damage
- Never needs sealing or polishing
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Available in wide range of colors and finishes
With its versatility and resilience, it’s no wonder quartz has become a top-selling material for Phoenix kitchen and bath remodels.
Where to Shop for Quartz Countertops in Phoenix
Finding a quality quartz supplier is the first step when shopping for new countertops. Here are some of the leading options in the Phoenix area:
Big Box Home Improvement Stores
National chains like Home Depot and Lowe’s carry many popular quartz brands like Caesarstone, Cambria, Silestone, and Viatera. They offer an excellent selection of colors and patterns. As massive retailers, their buying power allows competitive pricing. Check their websites for frequent sales and specials.
Pros: Convenience, selection, and competitive pricing. Free in-store design consultants.
Cons: Busy weekends can make it hard to get personalized service. Samples are limited.
Local Kitchen & Bath Showrooms
Specialized showrooms like Arizona Tile, Kitchen Elements, and Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center showcase the latest styles from top designers. Expect to see more unique, high-end quartz lines you won’t find at big box stores. Their knowledgeable design staff can help match your aesthetic and functional needs.
Pros: Largest selection of premium quartz brands and exotic styles. Expert design advice.
Cons: Pricing is higher than big box stores. Less budget options.
Working directly with a fabricator like DG Granite and Marble or Arizona Quartz gives you custom options beyond pre-fabricated slabs. They can create cutouts and edges to your exact specifications. You’ll get precise measurements and installs.
Pros: Fully customized counters made to fit your space. Seamless sales, fabrication and install.
Cons: Limited selection to slabs in their warehouse inventory.
Home Remodeling Contractors
Kitchen remodeling contractors like Phoenix Kitchen Pros have direct relationships with quartz manufacturers and fabricators. Their connections give you competitive pricing as well as a streamlined design-to-install process.
Pros: Turnkey services for design, product selection, fabrication and install. Coordination and project management.
Cons: Less selection than stores. Requires full renovation.
What to Know Before Buying Quartz Countertops
- Expect to spend $50-$100 per square foot installed for mid-range quartz. Premium designer brands run $100-200 per square foot.
- Choose a color and finish that hides everyday spots and smudges. Whites and light grays show everything.
- Carefully measure your existing space and account for overhangs and backsplashes. Get accurate quotes from template measurements.
- Inspect the manufacturer warranty. Many quartz brands offer 15-year or lifetime limited warranties.
- Confirm what is covered under warranty, like fabrication defects or catastrophic damage. Seams and chips may not be covered.
- Look for low-VOC and GREENGUARD certification to reduce off-gassing and emissions.
- Ask about heat and stain resistance testing results to compare durability.
Top Quartz Brands in Phoenix
While quartz comes in hundreds of options, a few of the most popular high-quality brands in Phoenix include:
- Caesarstone: The original quartz manufacturer with a vast color palette and luxe styling. Prices start around $55/sf.
- Cambria: Made in the USA, known for natural stone looks and unique designs like metallic, marble and concrete. $80-$120/sf range.
- Silestone: Offers over 90 colors including bold hues and recycled glass flecked styles. Great reputation for quality and value. Priced $60-$100/sf.
- Viatera: Stylish quartz with semi-precious stones and shell inlays. Outstanding warranty. Higher end at $100+ per square foot.
- LG Viatera: Sister brand to Viatera with a more budget-friendly price point under $80/sf.
- Quartz Master: Phoenix-based custom fabricator with excellent quality and prices below $60/sf.
No matter which brand you select, always review samples in person and double check warranty terms before making a decision. Consulting design experts can ensure you make the best choice for your goals, taste and budget.
FAQs About Buying Quartz in Phoenix
Is quartz cheaper than granite?
Quartz is comparable in price to many mid-range granites. Due to less maintenance and higher durability, quartz often provides better long-term value for the investment.
What thickness quartz countertop should I get?
1.25″ thick is the standard for residential kitchen counters. Go with 2cm thickness for flooring or commercial projects needing more durability.
Can you repair chips and scratches in quartz?
Seams and chips can be filled, but repair options are limited. Preventing damage upfront through proper care is best.
Does quartz add value to a home?
Yes, quartz is an on-trend material that buyers look for. Along with other upgrades it can increase resale value.
Is white quartz hard to keep clean?
With proper sealing and routine cleaning, white quartz resists staining quite well. Avoid using dyes or harsh chemicals that can damage the finish.
With the right research and retailer, finding beautiful, quality quartz countertops in Phoenix doesn’t have to be a challenge. Focus on selecting the color, style and texture that perfectly suits your space rather than getting consumed by brand names or prices. Trusted fabricators like [Company Name] help simplify the process with transparent pricing, professional installation, and excellent service. Contact us today to get started designing your dream quartz countertops!