Quartz countertops have become an increasingly popular choice for kitchen and bathroom remodels in Massachusetts homes. Known for their durability, low maintenance, and customizability, quartz offers homeowners an attractive and practical option when selecting countertop materials. If you’re considering quartz for your next renovation project, here is an overview of where to purchase quartz countertops in Massachusetts.
Factors to Consider When Buying Quartz Countertops
Before deciding where to buy, it’s important to understand the factors that impact your quartz countertop purchase.
Style and Color Options
One of the benefits of quartz is the variety of styles and colors available. Visit showrooms to view slabs in person and select the aesthetic you prefer. Keep in mind that inventory varies by distributor.
Quality of Quartz
Opt for high-quality quartz from reputable brands like Caesarstone, Cambria, and Silestone. Be wary of very low-priced quartz, as quality may be inferior.
Choose a fabricator that cuts slabs precisely to guarantee proper fit and finish. Look for experienced teams using state-of-the-art equipment. Ask about warranties.
Hire an experienced installer to properly attach your new countertops. Read reviews and ask for referrals to find a qualified installation professional.
Quartz costs $40-100 per square foot installed. Measure your space to determine the project scope. Factor in demolition, fabrication, installation, and extras like backsplashes.
From selecting slabs to completed installation, allow 3-4 weeks. Verify time estimates from the company you choose.
Where to Shop for Quartz Countertops in Massachusetts
You have several options when deciding where to purchase quartz countertops.
Big Box Stores
Retailers like Home Depot and Lowe’s carry a limited quartz selection focused on affordable options starting around $45/square foot installed. This can be ideal for DIY projects. Inventory and availability may be restricted.
Kitchen and Bath Showrooms
Showrooms for brands like Kitchen and Countertops of New England allow you to browse slabs and get design advice. They work with local fabricators and installers. Expect higher prices but more custom options.
Stone Suppliers and Fabricators
Order quartz online through Wayfair, eBay, and Amazon. This offers convenience but doesn’t allow seeing slabs in person. Product selection is limited and DIY installation is required. Use caution when purchasing sight unseen.
Top Places to Buy Quartz Countertops in Massachusetts
Here are some of the best options for shopping for quartz countertops in various parts of Massachusetts:
- Kitchen and Countertop Center of New England (Danvers, MA) – Showroom with wide slab selection, fabrication and install included. Services like design advice and financing available.
- The Granite Group (Quincy, MA) – Family-owned stone supplier selling to homeowners. Huge slab yard to browse. Fabrication and installation offered.
- Windy Hill Granite & Marble (Stoneham, MA) – Specializing in quartz for over 15 years. Large designer showroom and warehouse.
- Home Surfaces (Shrewsbury, MA) – Locally owned with design experts on staff. Carries top quartz brands. Fabrication completed in-house.
- Granite Concepts of New England (West Boylston, MA) – Showroom displays extensive inventory. Handles full fabrication and install process.
- Braxton Quartz (Worcester, MA) – Online purchasing with free kitchen design services. Coordinates local installers after shipment.
- Precision Stoneworks (East Longmeadow, MA) – Family-owned business selling and fabricating natural stone and quartz.
- Northern Granite & Marble (Chicopee, MA) – Specializes in fabrication and installation for residential and commercial projects of all sizes.
- Stone City (Adams, MA) – Selection of quartz alongside other countertop materials like granite and soapstone.
What to Look for When Purchasing Quartz
To ensure you select the best quartz materials and professional fabrication/installation services, keep the following tips in mind:
- Review warranty details – quality quartz often has 15-year or lifetime limited warranties.
- Ask about their design process – look for computer visualizations so you can preview the finished look.
- Request 2-3 references from recent clients to evaluate quality of work.
- Verify the company handles a full range of services from design to done-in-one installation.
- Compare pricing but recognize that the lowest bids often mean cutting corners.
- See if financing options are available to keep projects within your budget.
FAQs About Purchasing Quartz in Massachusetts
Where can I view quartz slabs in person in Massachusetts?
The best option is to visit a stone supplier yard or kitchen design showroom. These allow you to see slabs and speak to experts before purchase.
What are signs of a poor quality or faulty quartz countertop?
Look for uneven coloring, obvious seams between slabs, chips, cracks, or excessive porosity. Reject flawed slabs or seek recourse if issues emerge after install.
What should I expect to pay for quartz countertops?
Expect to pay $80-120 per square foot for quality quartz, including fabrication and professional installation in Massachusetts. Higher-end designer brands can be $125-150/sq.ft.
Can I install prefabricated quartz myself?
It is possible but challenging. Precise site measurements are required and getting a perfect seam between separate tops is difficult for DIYers. Consider at least hiring an installer.
How thick should quartz countertops be?
The standard thickness is 3 cm (1.2 inches), which provides strength and support. Go thicker only if planning for a longer overhang design.
With proper research and selection of the right quartz materials and skilled fabricator/installer, Massachusetts homeowners can enjoy gorgeous, functional countertops that will provide lasting beauty. Carefully weigh the options to make the best choice within your project budget and requirements. From start to finish, the process typically spans 3-4 weeks. Be sure to get any timelines or guarantees in writing. With quartz, you can look forward to years of easy-care durability and stunning style elevating your kitchen or bath.