Quartz countertops are an increasingly popular option for kitchen and bathroom renovations due to their durability, low maintenance, and stylish appearance. Like most home improvement materials, quartz countertops do go on sale occasionally at major retailers like Lowes. Here is what you need to know about finding quartz countertop deals at Lowes.
Typical Quartz Countertop Pricing
The typical price range for quartz countertops is $50-100 per square foot installed. However, prices can vary widely based on the brand and style of quartz material, edge profiles, thickness, and local labor costs.
Some factors that affect quartz pricing include:
- Brand – Popular premium brands like Caesarstone, Cambria, and Silestone are generally more expensive than value brands. Prices range from $75-150+ per square foot installed.
- Color and Pattern – Unique colors and patterns tend to cost more than mainstream whites and grays. Complex designs require more manufacturing work.
- Thickness – Standard thickness is 3cm (1.25 inches). Going up to 4 or 5cm thick costs $10-20 more per square foot.
- Edge Profiles – Fancier edges like ogee, bevel, and bullnose add $5-15 per linear foot to the total price.
- Fabrication & Installation – Local labor rates impact the installed price. Simple fabrications and installations will be cheaper.
Sales and Promotions on Quartz at Lowes
While quartz countertops are not hugely discounted at Lowes, there are some potential savings opportunities:
- Special Buys – Lowes periodically offers Special Buys on select colors/styles of Silestone, Caesarstone, and other brand quartz. Discounts of 10-20% off are typical.
- ** Rebates** – Some quartz brands like Cambria and Silestone offer mail-in rebates during promotional periods, typically $100-300 back per kitchen.
- Coupons – Lowes coupons rarely apply to countertop installation services, but you may save 10% on the quartz material cost with some coupons.
- Credit Card Offers – Opening a new Lowes credit card could provide 10% off your first purchase or 0% interest financing.
- Bundled Discounts – If you purchase multiple products for your kitchen remodel from Lowes, you may qualify for a discount on the whole package.
- Clearance Inventory – Check for discounted quartz slabs that are odd sizes, remnants, or discontinued colors. Selection is limited but prices are 30-50% off.
Best Times to Buy Quartz Countertops
Timing your quartz countertop purchase right can maximize potential savings:
- Major Holidays – Lowes tends to offer specials during Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, etc. These are good times to buy.
- Spring & Fall – Sales are more common during slower seasons like spring and fall vs. busy summer remodeling season.
- Inventory Clearance – Late fall going into winter is when you may find good deals on clearance quartz slabs.
- Kitchen & Bath Sales – Lowes does kitchen and bath sales a few times per year with exclusive promotions.
- Slow Business Days – Ask when the supplier gets shipments and visit the store on those days for best selection. Avoid weekends.
- Off-Peak Hours – stopping by the kitchen design desk early weekday mornings or later evenings may yield more attention and better deals.
6 Questions to Ask About Quartz Countertop Sales at Lowes:
- Do you have any current rebates, coupons, or special buys on quartz?
- What quartz colors and styles do you have discounted right now?
- What thickness options are available on sale inventory?
- Can I get a discount for purchasing multiple items for my remodel?
- Do you have any clearance quartz slabs discounted due to odd sizes or discontinued styles?
- When will your next special promotions and sales on quartz be?
While quartz countertops are rarely discounted much below their normal price range, paying attention to Lowes promotions and timing your purchase right can help maximize potential savings. The best deals on quartz at Lowes tend to be found during major holidays, special sales events, inventory clearance periods, and off-peak shopping times when you can get extra attention from kitchen designers. With some persistence and luck, savings between 10-30% off are possible.