Quartz countertops have become increasingly popular in kitchen and bathroom remodels thanks to their durability, low maintenance, and stylish appearance. With many brands on the market to choose from, it can be challenging to determine which quartz countertop brand is truly the best. After careful research and evaluation, a few brands stand out among the rest.
One of the leading brands of engineered quartz countertops, Caesarstone offers high-quality products made from up to 93% crushed quartz alongside polymer resins and pigments. Caesarstone quartz countertops are non-porous, stain-resistant, and heat-resistant, making them an extremely durable and low-maintenance option.
Some key benefits of Caesarstone quartz countertops include:
- Highly durable – withstands scratches, chips, cracks better than natural stone
- Non-porous – resists stains, won’t harbor bacteria
- Wide range of colors and patterns – over 50 options to choose from
- Minimal maintenance required – just wipe with soap and water to clean
- Heat resistant up to 450°F
Caesarstone offers a lifetime limited warranty, so you can be confident your countertops will last. Their quartz slabs are consistently high-quality thanks to state-of-the-art manufacturing using Bretonstone technology. While pricier than some brands, Caesarstone’s superior quality and durability make it a worthwhile investment. Many reviewers agree Caesarstone is one of the best quartz brands on the market.
Made in the USA, Cambria quartz countertops are crafted from pure natural quartz crystals. Their slabs contain a minimum of 92% quartz alongside resins and pigments. Cambria has over 120 unique designs to choose from, including natural stone and concrete looks.
Key features of Cambria quartz:
- Made in the USA – manufactured in Minnesota
- Broad range of stylish designs – matte, glossy, natural stone looks
- Non-porous and resistant to stains, scratches, heat
- Easy maintenance – simple soap and water cleaning
- Durable – doesn’t need resealing or polishing
- Lifetime limited warranty provides peace of mind
Cambria quartz is recognized as a high-quality brand that provides beautiful, durable countertops that stand the test of time. Many customers praise their customer service as well. Though priced on the higher end, Cambria offers superior durability compared to cheaper brands.
Silestone is a popular Spanish brand of quartz countertops available in over 90 colors and textures. Made of at least 90% quartz, Silestone slabs are non-porous, scratch-resistant, and stain-resistant.
Notable benefits of Silestone quartz:
- Anti-bacterial protection inhibits growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria
- Highly durable and scratch-resistant
- Stain protection resists wine, oil, vinegar, lemon juice
- Seamless appearance – slabs can be joined without noticeable seams
- 25-year transferable warranty
- NSF certified for food safety
Silstone quartz requires very little maintenance. Simple cleaning with soap and water is all that’s needed for daily care. Many customers praise the quality and durability of Silestone as on par with the other leading brands like Caesarstone. While not the cheapest option, Silestone offers quality backed by their warranty.
Other Top Brands
Some other high-quality quartz countertop brands to consider include:
- LG Viatera – high-end brand with vibrant colors and patterns
- Hanstone – Made in Canada with max 93% natural quartz
- Vicostone – Offers unique designs like metallic and recycled glass accents
- Quartz Master – Budget-friendly brand with smaller slab sizes
- Cosentino – Manufacturer of Silestone along with the Dekton brand
While these may not be as ubiquitous as Caesarstone or Cambria, they offer comparable quality and durability. The choice ultimately comes down to preferred colors, designs, and budget.
What Makes for a Good Quartz Countertop?
When evaluating the best quartz countertop brands, there are a few key factors to look for:
- High percentage of quartz – at least 90%, ideally 93% or more
- Quality resins and pigments – should be colorfast without yellowing
- Non-porous – prevents staining and bacteria growth
- Durability – resistant to scratches, chips, cracks
- Heat resistance – should withstand hot pans
- Wide range of colors and styles – natural, stone, concrete looks
- Warranty – at least 15 years, lifetime ideal
- Brand reputation – reviews, longevity in business
Avoid cheap brands that use high ratios of plastic resins, as they won’t be as durable. Be sure to review warranties closely to ensure adequate coverage.
Are Quartz Countertops Worth it?
Quartz countertops come at a higher cost than options like laminate. However, many homeowners find quartz to be a worthwhile investment. The key benefits of quartz that make it worth the higher price include:
- Extreme durability – lasts for decades with proper care
- Heat and scratch resistance – maintains appearance over time
- Minimal maintenance – no need for sealing or polishing
- Stain resistance – doesn’t stain easily like natural stone
- Non-porous – inhibits bacteria growth
- Stylish options – wide selection of modern, trendy styles
- Adds resale value – upgrade kitchens and bathrooms
- Long warranties – ensures years of worry-free use
While quartz costs more upfront, it often saves money in the long run by avoiding replacements or upgrades down the road. Investing in a high quality brand ensures optimal durability.
How to Choose the Best Quartz Countertop
Here are some tips for selecting the best quartz countertop brand for your home:
- Narrow down colors and styles based on your cabinetry, flooring, and decor
- Look for high quartz content and quality warranties when comparing brands
- Ask to see full slabs at a distributor to visualize the look
- Research brands’ reputations and check reviews from other customers
- Consider options like integrated sinks for a seamless appearance
- Look for deals through warehouse stores or fabricators
- Measure precisely to determine how many slabs you need
- Hire a professional for installation – don’t DIY quartz counters
Be sure to inspect your chosen slabs carefully before installation to ensure there are no defects. With proper selection, care, and maintenance, high-quality quartz countertops will stay looking beautiful for decades to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which quartz brand is the best value for money?
Cambria and Caesarstone offer some of the best value, with excellent durability, styles, and warranties backing their higher price point. Brands like Silestone and LG Viatera are also great mid-range options. For budget buyers, Quartz Master offers smaller sizes at lower costs.
How long do quartz countertops really last?
With proper care and maintenance, a high-quality quartz countertop should last 15-25 years or more before needing replacement. Avoiding excessive heat and impacts can maximize lifespan.
What’s better – quartz or granite countertops?
Quartz is more durable, lower maintenance, and has greater stain and scratch resistance than natural granite. Granite offers a unique natural stone look but requires more sealing and care. Ultimately personal preference drives the choice between granite vs quartz.
Are Caesarstone or Cambria countertops better?
Caesarstone and Cambria offer comparable quality and performance. Minor differences come down to available colors/designs, warranties, and price. Most reviewers praise both as top quartz brands. Pick based on visual appeal and budget.
Can you repair chips or cracks in quartz countertops?
Minor chips and cracks can often be repaired by a professional using color-matched filler. Larger damage is harder to repair seamlessly – replacement may be needed in severe cases. Prevent chips by avoiding hard impacts.
When it comes to quartz countertop brands, Caesarstone, Cambria, and Silestone emerge as some of the highest quality and most recommended options. Their countertops offer superior durability, longevity, and stain resistance. While pricier than some competitors, investing in one of these industry-leading brands pays dividends through decades of hassle-free beauty in your kitchen or bath. Consult a quartz countertop specialist to pick out the perfect color and style for your space. With minimal maintenance, quartz countertops stay looking like new for years to come.