Quartz countertops from Pental are a popular choice for many homeowners due to their durability, low maintenance, and stylish appearance. However, like any countertop material, quartz requires proper cleaning and care to keep it looking its best. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to clean Pental quartz countertops.
- Mild soap or dish detergent
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Microfiber towel
- Quartz cleaner (optional)
Pental quartz is resistant to scratches, stains and heat. For routine cleaning, a mild soap, dish detergent or quartz cleaner diluted with warm water is all you need.
- Rinse the countertop with warm water to remove any loose debris.
- Mix a few drops of mild soap or dish detergent with warm water in a spray bottle. Quartz cleaner can be used instead for a deeper clean.
- Spray the solution over the entire countertop surface.
- Use a soft cloth, sponge or non-abrasive scrub pad to gently clean the entire surface. Apply light pressure as you scrub.
- Rinse well with clean water and dry with a microfiber towel to prevent water spots.
Repeat this process as needed for daily or weekly cleaning. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads as they can damage the finish. A thorough routine cleaning is usually enough to keep Pental quartz looking beautiful.
Removing Stubborn Stains and Dried Spills
Accidental spills can happen. Quartz is non-porous, so dried stains will sit on top instead of absorbing. Follow these steps to remove dried or stubborn stains:
- Try the routine cleaning method first using a soft cloth and quartz cleaner to see if it lifts the stain.
- For tougher stains, make a paste with baking soda and water. Apply it directly on the stain and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush using light circular motions.
- Rinse and dry the area thoroughly.
- If the stain persists, use a non-abrasive cleaner formulated for quartz and scrub with a soft cloth or sponge.
Avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach, ammonia or abrasive scrub pads as they can damage the surface. With some patience, you can lift even dried stains off quartz.
Taking measures to protect your Pental quartz can prevent permanent damage and keep it pristine for years:
- Use cutting boards and trivets to protect from hot pots and pans.
- Clean up spills immediately before they have a chance to stain.
- Avoid harsh cleaners and abrasive pads. Stick to mild soap, water and soft cloths.
- For heavy objects, use a protective mat to minimize scratching from sliding.
- Re-seal quartz every 1-2 years with a penetrating sealer to keep the surface repellent.
Deep Cleaning Quartz Countertops
Over time, residue from cleaning products and everyday use can build up on quartz, making it appear dull or cloudy. A deep cleaning can restore the quartz to a like-new condition.
Process for Deep Cleaning
- Remove everything from the countertop. Mix an ammonia-free quartz cleaner (like Granite Gold) with warm water in a bucket.
- Use a soft microfiber cloth, sponge or scrubbing pad to apply the solution over the entire surface. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Scrub the quartz in circular motions using medium pressure. Focus on heavily used areas.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water 2-3 times to remove all cleaner residue.
- Use isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber cloth to remove leftover spots and streaks.
- Buff dry with a clean towel. Apply a quartz polish or sealer to renew the shine and protection (optional).
Deep cleaning quartz 2-3 times per year keeps the surface in excellent shape for the long-term.
FAQ About Cleaning Pental Quartz Countertops
How can I make my quartz counters shine like new again?
A thorough deep cleaning removes built-up residue and restores quartz to a like-new shine. Clean with a quartz cleaner, rinse well, use isopropyl alcohol for final polishing, and consider resealing.
What should I never use to clean quartz counters?
Avoid abrasive cleaners, bleach, ammonia, vinegar, abrasive pads, and scouring powders. Harsh chemicals can etch or discolor quartz.
Can quartz counters be damaged?
Quartz is very durable but not damage-proof. Cuts from sharp knives, hot pans, and heavy impact can damage quartz. Take care to prevent these issues. Most damage can be repolished by a pro.
How can I remove dried food or grease stains?
Make a paste of baking soda and water and let sit for 5-10 minutes before scrubbing. For tougher grease stains, use an ammonia-free degreaser formulated for quartz. The stain should lift after thorough cleaning. Avoid abrasive pads.
What’s the best way to maintain quartz counters?
Prevent most damage and stains with trivets, cutting boards and cleaning up spills immediately. For maintenance, clean regularly with mild soap and water. Deep clean every 1-2 months. Avoid harsh chemicals.
How long do properly cared for quartz counters last?
With proper everyday care and routine maintenance, a Pental quartz countertop will retain its beauty for many decades before needing replacement.
Pental quartz delivers stylish good looks with a high degree of practicality. By following these cleaning techniques, Pental quartz countertops can be kept looking like new for years. Use mild cleaning solutions and soft materials for day-to-day maintenance. Act promptly to deal with stains and spills. Deep clean every few months to restore a glassy shine. With regular care, quartz countertops will withstand heavy use while adding value and elegance to any kitchen.