Cambria quartz is a popular engineered stone used for countertops and other surfaces in many homes. While durable, Cambria still requires regular cleaning to keep it looking beautiful. Here is a detailed guide on how to clean Cambria quartz countertops.
- Microfiber cloths
- Soft sponge or non-abrasive scrub pad
- pH-neutral cleaner or mild dish soap
- Isopropyl alcohol (for stubborn stains)
Routine cleaning helps prevent buildup of dirt, grime, and bacteria on Cambria quartz. Follow these steps:
1. Remove any debris, crumbs, or spills from the countertop using a dry microfiber cloth.
2. Fill a bucket or spray bottle with warm water and add a small amount of mild dish soap or pH-neutral cleaner.
3. Dip a soft sponge or microfiber cloth in the cleaning solution and wring out excess liquid.
4. Wipe down the entire countertop surface using circular motions. Apply light pressure.
5. Rinse the surface thoroughly with clean water to remove all soap residue.
6. Dry the countertop completely with a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
For best results, clean Cambria quartz daily or at least once a week using this method. Avoid abrasive scouring pads, powders or harsh chemicals that can damage the surface.
Removing Dried Spills and Stains
Accidental spills can leave dried, sticky residues that require a bit more effort to remove from Cambria. Here are some tips:
– For dried food, grease or soap scum – Let a wet microfiber cloth soaked in hot water sit on the stain for a few minutes to soften it, then wipe away.
– For dried paint, nail polish or glue – Carefully scrape away any excess material with a plastic putty knife, then rub the stain with isopropyl alcohol using a microfiber cloth.
– For dried candle wax – Place a plastic bag filled with ice on the wax to harden it, then gently scrape off with a plastic putty knife. Wipe any leftover wax with isopropyl alcohol.
– For dried coffee or tea stains – Create a paste using baking soda and water and gently rub it on the stain using a soft cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly after scrubbing.
Avoid excessive scrubbing and let the cleaning solutions sit for 5-10 minutes before wiping to allow them to break down the dried spills effectively.
Deep Cleaning Cambria Countertops
Over time, residues from cleaners, food and drinks can leave a cloudy buildup on Cambria quartz. Follow this deep cleaning routine every 2-3 months:
1. Mix together warm water and a few drops of mild dish soap in a bucket.
2. Dip a soft sponge in the solution and scrub the entire surface using small circular motions.
3. As you scrub, keep rinsing the sponge frequently in the bucket to remove buildup.
4. Once done, rinse the countertop thoroughly with clean water. Wipe dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
5. For extra shine, buff the surface afterwards with a microfiber cloth and a small amount of rubbing alcohol.
This helps eliminate any remaining streaks or residue and makes Cambria extra sparkling clean.
Do’s and Don’ts for Cleaning Cambria
- DO use pH-neutral cleaners designed specifically for quartz.
- DO blot spills quickly to prevent staining.
- DON’T use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or abrasive cleansers.
- DON’T use scrubbing pads with abrasive surfaces.
- DON’T place hot pans directly on the countertop. Always use trivets.
Tips for Maintaining Cambria Countertops
- Use cutting boards and trivets when prepping food or placing hot items.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent stains.
- Avoid exposing Cambria to strong chemicals like paint removers, oven cleaners etc.
- Reseal Cambria yearly with a penetrating quartz sealer to prevent damage and staining.
- Get stains treated professionally if you are unable to remove them yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I clean my Cambria quartz countertops?
Ideally, Cambria quartz should be cleaned daily or at least once a week using a mild soap and water solution to prevent buildup of grime, spills and bacteria.
Can I use bleach or abrasive cleaners on Cambria?
No, avoid using any harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaners on Cambria as they can dull the surface and cause etching or pits over time. Always test new cleaners on a small area first.
What is the best way to remove dried or burnt on food stains?
For stubborn dried food stains, let a wet cloth soaked in hot water sit on the stain for 5-10 minutes to loosen it. You can also try making a gentle scrubbing paste with baking soda and water. Let it sit before scrubbing and rinsing.
My Cambria quartz has cloudy spots and streaks – how can I restore the shine?
Use a deep cleaning method of washing with mild soap and water. Rinse thoroughly and finish by buffing the surface with a microfiber cloth and a small amount of rubbing alcohol to remove residue.
Does Cambria need to be sealed regularly?
It is recommended to seal Cambria countertops every 1-2 years using a penetrating quartz sealer. This helps prevent staining and damage. Follow the product instructions closely when sealing.
Cambria quartz countertops require minimal maintenance to keep looking pristine. By following these cleaning tips and precautions, you can easily remove most stains and restore Cambria’s original factory shine. Be sure to clean spills quickly, use only non-abrasive cleaners and deep clean every few months. With proper care, your Cambria quartz countertops will stay looking beautiful for years to come.