- Clean Cambria Britannica quartz regularly with a mild soap and water. Avoid harsh cleaners that can damage the surface. A mix of warm water and a few drops of mild dish soap works well for most cleaning needs.
- Use a soft sponge or microfiber cloth when cleaning. Avoid abrasive pads or brushes that could scratch the surface.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly after cleaning to remove any soap residue. Wipe dry with a soft towel.
- For dried spills or stains, use a non-abrasive cleaner formulated for stone surfaces. Check the label to ensure it is safe for quartz.
- For stubborn stains, make a paste with baking soda and water. Gently scrub the paste on the stain for 2-3 minutes and rinse.
- Thoroughly dry the countertop after each cleaning session.
- Use cutting boards when chopping, dicing or cutting on Cambria Britannica. Never cut directly on the quartz surface.
- Place hot pots, pans, and plates on trivets or mats. Avoid direct contact between extremely hot items and the quartz.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent staining, especially oil, wine, and acidic liquids like lemon juice.
- Avoid harsh chemicals and cleaners like oven cleaners, acidic toilet bowl cleaners, nail polish remover, etc. Check labels before using any new cleaning product on Cambria.
- Prevent scratches by being careful about dragging cookware or appliances across the surface. Use a hot pad under heavy appliances.
- Deep clean Cambria Britannica quartz every few months using a stone cleaner, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol or ammonia.
- Mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol with 4 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray over the surface, let sit 5 minutes, and rinse.
- For a stronger deep clean, make a paste with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide/rubbing alcohol. Gently scrub and rinse.
- Occasionally sanitize the surface with a dilute bleach solution. Mix 1 tablespoon bleach into 1 gallon of water. Rinse thoroughly.
Protecting the Finish
- Reseal Cambria Britannica quartz countertops once a year using a penetrating stone sealer. This adds an extra layer of protection against stains.
- Avoid wax, polish, or topical sealers which can cause a buildup. Instead use a water-based penetrating sealer specifically made for quartz.
- Apply the sealer evenly across the surface with a clean cloth or foam applicator. Remove any excess after 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the sealer to cure fully for 24-48 hours before using the countertops. Ventilate the area during and after sealing.
FAQs About Caring for Cambria Britannica Quartz
How can I remove dried food or grease stains?
Make a paste with baking soda and water and gently scrub the stain for 2-3 minutes before rinsing. You can also use a non-abrasive cleaner formulated for quartz surfaces. Check the label to ensure it is safe for Cambria.
What should I avoid using to clean Cambria quartz?
Avoid abrasive cleaners, pads, and brushes that could dull or scratch the surface. Also avoid harsh chemicals like oven cleaner, nail polish remover, drain cleaner, etc. Only use cleaners specifically made for quartz surfaces.
Can I cut directly on my Cambria Britannica countertop?
No, always use a cutting board. Cutting directly on the quartz surface will damage it.
How can I remove hard water stains or calcium deposits?
Make a paste with baking soda and water and gently scrub the affected area. You can also use undiluted white vinegar but rinse it thoroughly. Stains may require multiple applications.
How often should I reseal my Cambria quartz countertops?
Plan to reseal Cambria Britannica quartz about once a year using a penetrating quartz sealer. This adds a protective barrier against stains and damage.
Is it safe to place hot pans on Cambria quartz?
Yes, but extremely hot pans directly from the stove or oven should be placed on a trivet. Prolonged direct heat can potentially damage the surface. Let hot cookware cool briefly first before setting it down.
With routine cleaning and proper care, Cambria Britannica quartz countertops will stay looking beautiful for many years. Simple habits like using cutting boards, wiping up spills promptly, and avoiding harsh cleaners help prevent damage. An occasional deep clean and resealing once a year enhances the protective finish. Follow these tips and enjoy the elegance of Cambria Britannica quartz in your kitchen or bathroom. Be sure to care for it properly so it maintains its striking good looks.